8.16.2009

Unflattering portraiture

Yesterday, Rodrigo and I took a stroll into Bucktown, for the explicit purpose of getting a portrait made. An ugly portrait. The good folks at Renegade Handmade were hosting the Misanthrope Specialty Co., so that some Chicagoans could get unflattering portraits made of themselves. We jumped at the chance to have severely ugly versions of ourselves hanging on our wall, and I couldn't be happier with the result:


Aitor, our portraitist, captured every feature I was hoping he would emphasize: my upturned snout, Rodrigo's scruff, my John Travolta-esque chin. And, bonus!, he also seems to have given me a goiter and elfin ears, and Rodrigo an unseemly large nose. We brought the portrait home and instantly housed it in the gaudiest frame we had:

Definitely check out the other unflattering portraits on Misanthrope Specialty Co.'s site - you can even submit your own photo via e-mail!

xoxo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

ding-dong