9.24.2009

Rodrigo and Colleen vs. The Olympics

It's interesting to be counting down to an event that will effect about 150 people, to take place one day after an event that will potentially effect 2,842,518.

On October 3, 2009, Rodrigo and I get married (yay!).

On October 2, 2009, the city of Chicago finds out whether they have been chosen to host the 2016 Olympic Games.

One event is obviously more personally significant than another, but I can't help but be excited about both. Because, despite some of the controversy surrounding the Olympic bid - the flawed financial projections, land use disputes, and the general hassle of having thousands more people in our fair city - I'm excited about the prospects of the Olympics coming to Chicago.

And if they do, you can bet I'll be the first aboard the sweet new trains we'll get out of the deal, and that I will also weasel my way in to the opening ceremonies some way or another.

Plus, it's interesting to think ahead to the year 2016 - What will we be doing? Will we still be living in Chicago? Will we all travel around on hover boards?

xoxo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

ding-dong